MotorEasy Plan B Car Warranty
The MotorEasy Plan B Car Warranty covers your vehicles against expensive parts and labour costs if something is to go wrong with mechanical and electrical components. You’re protected against fair wear and tear as well as consequential damage on a new or used car with a MotorEasy car warranty.
This plan is specifically designed for cars 5 years and older.
This warranty covers an extensive list of defined parts against mechanical and electrical failure (please see Policy Document above for the detailed list).
How does a MotorEasy Plan B Car Warranty work?
A Plan B Car Warranty is the second-most comprehensive policy from MotorEasy, following Plan A. You’re covered for a large number of parts from the brake systems to the suspension as well as labour costs and diagnostics.
You can claim if you notice something isn’t right, there’s a major failure or if an issue is discovered as part of your routine service or MOT. You’re also covered for fair wear and tear and consequential damage.
We have a nationwide network of over 10,000 garages for your vehicle repair and you can track the process 24/7 using your MotorEasy account.
What’s covered with a Plan B Car Warranty from MotorEasy?
The Plan B Car Warranty covers a wide selection of parts including electrical and mechanical components:
● Air conditioning
● Braking system hydraulics
● Braking system cables, pedal assembly & vacuum pump
● Clutch ancillaries
● Clutch plate – including cover & release bearing
● Cooling system thermostat and water pump
● Cooling system radiators & fans
● Main ECU (computer)
● Other ECUs (computers)
● Starter motor & alternator
● Main electrical system components
● Flywheels & drive plates
● Fuel system – pumps, tank & other components
● Ignition system – coils, crankshaft, camshaft sensors & other components
● Crankshaft rear oil seal
● Gearbox input shaft oil seal
● Power steering motor, pump & ram
● Other steering system components
● Superchargers & Turbochargers
Sundries such as coolants, filters, fluids, lubricants, oils, refrigerants and some other working materials are covered as long as the vehicle is not within 1,000 miles of its next service and a repair requires a replacement.
What’s not covered with a Plan B Car Warranty?
Here’s a list of what’s not covered under a MotorEasy Plan B Car Warranty:
● Airbag electrics (external to airbags)
● Auxiliary drive belts
● Brake friction materials
● Catalytic converters
● Connectors, wiring, fuses and heating elements
● Diesel particulate filter
● Electrical components integral with windows
● Emission system components
● Exhaust pipes
● Fluids and consumables
● Hoses & pipes
● In-car entertainment & sat-nav equipment which are not part of the dashboard unit
● Interior & exterior trims
● Light bulbs
● Some oil seals and gaskets
● Spark plugs
● Upgraded or revised software & firmware
● Windows & windscreens
● Wheels & tyres
Benefits of the Plan B Car Warranty
The Plan B Car Warranty from MotorEasy comes with a wide range of benefits including:
● Consequential damage and wear & tear included as standard
● Choose from over 10,000 UK garages or use your own
● Free vehicle health check included
● Collection and delivery of your vehicle included
● We pay for your repairs directly so you’re never out of pocket
● European travel for up to 60-days included
● The MotorEasy account lets you track repairs and access discounts on other services and parts
Plan B Car Warranty FAQs
How Do I claim I book a repair on my Plan B Car Warranty?
As soon as something goes wrong, you should book a repair by logging into your MotorEasy account. Here, you’ll be able to submit your repair and track the progress.
Do I need to service my car with a Plan B Car Warranty?
In order to keep your MotorEasy warranty valid, you’ll need to MOT and service as per the guidance vehicle’s manual.
What car can have a Plan B warranty?
Whether you’re extending a manufacturer warranty, it’s new or used, you can take out a Plan B as long as it’s under 100,0000 miles or 10 years old. The vehicle must not be modified and should be driven under “normal use”.
How much is a Plan B Warranty?
The cost of your warranty will depend on the make and model of your vehicle as well as the age and mileage. Prices do start from as little as £18.59 per month without any discounts applied.
For full details, head to the car warranty page or view the Plan B Car Warranty policy documents.